Sunday, February 16, 2014

Fun Facts!

In lieu of Valentines Day I have decided to blog on "fun facts" about Jay and I:D I'm avoiding all things mushey due to having to take a cold shower after he used all of the hot water for his 3 hour shower this morning. Jay will be thrilled to know that I am telling all of his secrets.

Fun facts about Deadly Ninja and myself:

1- When I first met Jay he was 15 and I was 11. My parents were thrilled. I actually started "dating", if you will, his little brother first. Jay, of course, being head over heels for a girl just turning 11 decided to record his brother on a tape recorder saying "I like Kylie AND Lauren, but don't tell Kylie." That's how Jay and I became:) He will deny this story to his death, but it is in fact, the truth.

2- Jay is so very cheap. I mean like he could easily be on the show "Extreme Cheapskates." He once made a dog kennel out of a tupperware container. He cut windows on the side and all. He saved a whole $20. Way to go Jay. Proof:



3- My daddy has always had Grant spend the night one night every other weekend. On those nights, we go on a date. Ever since Jay could drive our dates have consisted of the following:

Chic-fil-a (Re-read fun fact # 2)

Shopping

Cold Stone Ice Cream

Home

I really wouldn't have this any other way. It feels like a wasted night if we don't go shopping and to get ice cream on our date. I may occasionally get him to stay up long enough to see a movie also.

4- I can't cook. It's a well known, proven fact. I've caught the stove on fire twice. I've tried to boil water in a glass bowl. I've tried to bake in what looked like a very convincing glass bowl. It was, in fact, a plastic bowl. I've added a cup of salt when I should have added a teaspoon. Jay says my fried chicken is still breathing when I serve it. I've added whip cream to a "gourmet" shrimp meal when I was supposed to add whipping cream (Who knew there was a difference??). I've added two cans of icing to a cake due to the icing "disappearing." Turns out, you're supposed to let the cake cool before applying the icing. Those are just the highlights. There are many more I have done on my own with no witnesses present. These are just the ones Jay refuses to let me live down.

5- Jay has a block head. I don't know why, but it's almost a perfect square.





6- For the last 4 years Jay has been extremely jealous of my German Shepherd. It could be because I would save Tuff from a burning building first and then go back and get Jay, but I can't be positive. 





7- Jay taught me how to drive. He also "taught" me how to drive a stick shift. He left out the fact that you have to pull the emergency break before the vehicle will stop if you want to leave it running idle. I taught myself that one. After seeing a stray dog on the road, I stopped to pick it up (If you know me, you know I collect animals). When I turned around, I saw his truck rolling down the road. I chased after it for a good 100 yards. Jay was in his front yard to see the whole thing go down. I never drove that truck again. Well, I actually was never allowed to drive that truck again.

8- Funniest thing ever is when Jay is laying down and I jerk his pillow from under his head and throw it across the room. He has to get up to get it. This will happen 4 times in a row before he thinks to hold on to his pillow.

9- Jay drives so careful it's dangerous. He calls me "White Lightening" because of how fast I drive in my white car. I don't actually drive that fast. He is just an 80 year old trapped in a 28 year old's body.

10- We are very competitive with each other. We take IQ test almost weekly. Of course, I always win. He likes to dispute all of my knowledge and fun facts I throw out, but after I challenge him by googling it, he'll back down. 


11- Jay hates shooting fireworks with me. On numerous holidays I have been known to chase him down the road with a Roman Candle. I've only actually shot him once, but not because I haven't really tried. He's just really fast.

12- I call Jay "Deadly Ninja" because he takes karate Jiu Jitsu. I'm not allowed to watch him in class because sometimes I accidentally pull out my phone and take pictures of the weird positions those guys get themselves in. It's my entertainment. I would have pictures of this, but the few times I was allowed to stay in his class he confiscated my phone.

13- I've mentioned before we have been working on baby #2 for almost two years now. One month, I took a pregnancy test at 3:00 AM. Of course, it was negative. Blah. Anyway, when I woke up a few hours later and glanced over at the test. It was POSITIVE!!!! My heart jumped out of my chest. Upon closer inspection, my *%$#& of a husband, drew an extra pink line with a marker on the test before I woke up.





14- Jay laughs when I get mad. He has always had a bad habit of doing this. I mean when I am really, really mad, he just laughs. I may or may not have thrown a remote at him a few times. 



15- Jay likes to run around in super hero costumes. I don't mind it. I think it's funny. 








16- Last but not least, back in May of 2011, the day some man said the world was supposed end. I was scared to death of the unknown. I know the Bible says no one will know, but I was still scared. Unfortunately, Jay knew this. Anyway, I woke up on May 21 only to find my husbands clothes laid out on the bed as if the rapture had happened. Scared.Me.To.Death. Needless to say, he can be a jerk sometimes.

 

I could go on and on with these "fun facts." Jay never ceases to amaze me with his wittiness. He can come up with a comeback before I even finish my sentence. It's something I love about him...sometimes. He brings out the best in me and at times can bring out the worst (re-read #14). We've had our ups and downs through our almost 14 years together, but I can say that I've honestly never been happier with him than I am now. Each year seems to get better. I know I said I wouldn't get mushy, but let it be known we still get ridiculously excited on our date nights. I still can't wait for him to get home in the afternoons and I would still choose him if I ever had the chance to do it over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS